A problem with your septic tank can put your family’s health at risk and can cause damage to your property. To avoid these potential problems, it’s essential to schedule professional services immediately. Call Capital City Septic Services for septic tank repairs and replacements in Tallahassee, FL. We are family-owned and operated.
We provide the following septic tank solutions:
- Septic Tank Installation & Replacement
- Septic Tank Repair & Maintenance
- Septic Tank Inspection & Troubleshooting
- Septic Tank Cleaning & Pumping
- Drain Field Repair & Maintenance
- Drain Field Installation & Replacement
- Grease Trap Cleaning & Pumping
- Grease Trap Repair & Maintenance
- Grease Trap Installation & Replacement
- Grinder Pumps
- Soil & Perc Testing Services
- Septic System Design
- Septic Tank Location Services
- Trenchless Pipelining Services
We proudly serve Tallahassee, FL residents and the neighborhoods of:
- Betton Hills
- Cloisters of All Saints
- Killearn Estates
- Killearn Lakes
- Golden Eagle
- Los Robles
- Woodland Place
- Centerville Conservation
- and more!
Do you need a new septic tank? Call us for installations and replacements in Leon County.
Common Issues Of A Septic Tank
Unfortunately, occasionally your septic tank might encounter issues that require repairs. Some common problems that can cause it to malfunction are:
- Sludge buildup.
- Not emptying out a tank. This can cause it to back up.
- As it gets older your tank can deteriorate.
- Lines can become blocked in the drain field.
- Wear and tear on drain fields.
If you experience these problems, call our experts at Capital City Septic Services.
How Often Your Septic Tank Should Be Maintained
To keep your septic tank working correctly, it’s important to perform regular maintenance on it. You should have services performed at the following times to keep it working properly:
- If the tank is one-third full.
- At least once a year. Your unit may need to be serviced more often depending on how many people live in the household, how much water is used, and if you have a jacuzzi or hot tub. It can also vary depending on the ages of people living on your property – as teenagers and younger people may use more water than other age groups.
Is your septic tank malfunctioning? Call us for septic tank repairs in Leon, Wakulla, Jefferson, Franklin, and Gadsden counties.
How To Prevent Septic Tank Issues
While a malfunctioning septic tank can cause damage to your property and create inconveniences for your household, fortunately, there are ways to avoid these problems:
- Don’t pour grease down the sink or toilet. This can cause clogs in the drain field.
- When planning your property, position landscaping, roof gutters, and foundation drains so water flows away from the drain field.
- Keep the drain field from becoming water-logged.
- Clear the area around the tank of tree roots and concrete structures like driveways or patios.
- Don’t flush solid materials like coffee grounds or banana peels down the toilet.
- Schedule regular service appointments with a professional.
- Avoid using household cleaning products like bleach and drain cleaners.