Your drain field is critical to your septic tank system working properly. Therefore, it’s essential to have it installed by trained and experienced professionals to ensure the work is done correctly. When you need a drain field installed or replaced at your Tallahassee, FL home or property, call our experts at Capital City Septic Services for appointments. We are family-owned and operated.
Does your drain field need professional repairs? Call us for drain field repair in Leon, Wakulla, Jefferson, Franklin, and Gadsden counties.
Signs Your Drain Field Needs To Be Replaced
When your septic tank system stops working properly, you might not be sure what needs to be repaired – or if part of the system needs to be replaced. The following symptoms can indicate your drain field needs to be replaced:
- You smell foul odors or sewage outside, near the septic tank and drain field.
- There is standing water and wet spots near the area.
- Your drains are slowing down.
- Your toilets are flushing slowly – or not flushing at all.
If you experience these issues, call us and let our experts inspect and repair the problem. We service residential and commercial systems.
Problems That Can Require Drain Field Replacements
There are many issues that can lead to problems with your septic system and require drain field replacements. Some can include:
- If you fail to schedule pumping or cleaning appointments regularly.
- If there is a lack of oxygen in the tank due to excessive grease.
- If the piping is broken or collapsed.
- If the soil is compacted from heavy objects (like cars) on top of it.
- If there are tree roots entering the system.
Do you need grease trap repair services in Tallahassee? Schedule an appointment with our experts!
What To Expect During Drain Field Installation
When having a new drain field installed, it’s important to know what to expect so you and your household are prepared. Professionals might take the following steps:
- Get a permit to perform the work. Your contractor can help with this process.
- Next, the professionals will start digging the trenches for the system. The number of pipes installed will depend on the size of your household and the size of the system.
- The trenches will then be filled partially with gravel to absorb some of the waste.
- The length of the drain field will depend on the estimated water use of the home and the soil. The system will use gravity or electricity to move the waste from the tank through the drain field.
To schedule drain field installation services in North Florida, call Capital City Septic Services to book an appointment with our experts.