Keep your restaurant or business running properly – and safely – by having your grease traps cleaned and pumped by professionals. Call our experts at Capital City Septic Services for appointments in Tallahassee, FL. We are the only company in Tallahassee with a portable unit that can remove 20-gallon grease tracks in restaurants and other commercial spaces. A locally-owned company, when you call us we will provide straightforward pricing and will create a personalized solution that works for you.
When you need grease trap repairs in Leon, Wakulla, Jefferson, Franklin, and Gadsden counties, call us to schedule an appointment.
How Often Should Grease Traps Be Cleaned?
Our experts at Capital City Septic Systems recommend having your grease traps cleaned every 1 to 3 months, depending on usage. Professionals suggest scheduling services when the grease trap is one-fourth of its capacity. Doing it at this frequency will help you avoid smelly odors from the fats, oils, grease, and solids inside the trap. Failure to clean the traps in a timely manner can also result in clogs.
Where Are Grease Traps Needed?
Establishments that serve hot food prepared for the public or staff members are required to have grease traps. These can include the following types of businesses:
- Schools and Colleges
- Coffee shops
- Conference centers
- Food manufacturers
- Cafeterias at factories and offices
- Golf courses
- Sports venues
- and more!
When you need septic tank system repairs or installations, schedule services with our experts in Tallahassee.
Signs You Need Grease Trap Cleaning Services
While our experts recommend having your grease trap cleaned every few months, there are also signs you can watch for that indicate your unit needs professional services sooner. Some symptoms can include:
- If sinks are draining more slowly than they should be. This can be due to hardened grease in the system.
- If grease is more than one-fourth of the wastewater depth. This means you have fats, oils, and grease accumulating and it can start to impact your system.
- If there is a foul smell coming from the kitchen. This is the result of fats, oils, and grease.
- If you can’t remember the last time you had your trap cleaned. If it’s been more than a few months, then your trap is due for services.
If you notice any of these signs, call Capital City Septic Services to schedule services. Our experts will accurately clean your traps with top equipment, including professional grade portable pump out stations.