Don’t risk having your business’s kitchen shut down due to a malfunctioning grease trap repair. Instead, schedule repairs with a professional at the first signs of a problem. Call our experts at Capital City Septic Services for appointments in Tallahassee, FL. We are the only company in Tallahassee with a portable unit that can remove 20-gallon grease tracks in restaurants and other commercial spaces. A family-owned and operated company, we provide straightforward pricing.
When you need grease trap installations in Leon, Wakulla, Jefferson, Franklin, and Gadsden counties, call us to schedule an appointment.
Signs You Need Grease Trap Repair
You rely on your kitchen to function properly – and safely – to keep your business running. It’s essential to spot issues with your grease trap and have it repaired as soon as possible by an experienced technician.
Some symptoms to watch for that can indicate your system needs professional repairs are:
- Bad odors coming from the grease trap. This can permeate the kitchen and possibly even your dining area.
- Evidence of grease in other areas. When the grease trap is clogged the oil can leak onto other surfaces in the kitchen. This can result in a health code violation.
- Your drains start to drain slowly or are clogged.
Grease Trap Repairs: Avoid Shutting Down Your Kitchen
Grease trap issues are not something you can delay getting repaired. Failure to address these problems as soon as possible can result in your kitchen getting shut down due to health code violations.
If your grease trap is clogged, it can lead to foul odors throughout your kitchen. These can even spread into the dining room – giving your guests a whiff of the bad odors and making it clear you need to have your grease trap repaired.
Is there standing water near your drain field? Schedule drain field repair services with our experts in Tallahassee.
Dos and Don’ts of Grease Trap Repairs
When your kitchen’s grease trap needs to be repaired, there are steps you should – and shouldn’t take:
Steps to take:
- First, you need to hire a professional to inspect your unit and perform the repairs. An experienced expert can quickly and accurately fix the problem and keep your kitchen up-to-code.
- Make sure your unit was installed correctly. If your grease trap was not installed by a professional, it might not have been added correctly. Have an experienced contractor inspect the unit and reinstall it, if needed.
What not to do:
- Don’t forget to schedule regular maintenance services on your grease trap. This will help you avoid clogs and larger problems.
- Don’t use chemicals to clean your grease trap. Leave the work to the professionals and do not risk wrecking the trap by trying to resolve the issue on your own with enzymes or solvents.