A malfunctioning septic tank can cause major issues throughout your residential or commercial property – including flooding and potential health issues. To avoid these problems, you need to schedule professional services as soon as possible. Call our experts at Capital City Septic Services for appointments in Sopchoppy, FL, and throughout the Tallahassee Metro Area. We guarantee to provide a fast response to get your system working quickly.
Why call us when you need septic tank services? Read our reviews to find out!
We provide complete septic services to the Sopchoppy area, including:
- Septic tank replacements & installations
- Septic tank repair & maintenance
- Drain field repair & maintenance
- Drain field replacement & installation
- Grinder pumps
- Septic tank inspection & troubleshooting
- Septic tank cleaning & pumping
- Soil & perc testing
- Grease trap cleaning & pumping
- Grease trap repair & maintenance
- Grease trap installation & replacement
Septic Tank Maintenance: What To Avoid
While it’s crucial to perform basic maintenance tasks on your septic system to keep it working properly, it’s also essential to avoid taking certain actions to keep your unit running properly. Some things you should avoid doing include:
- Don’t use a garbage disposal.
- Don’t flush anything other than toilet paper or waste down the toilet.
- Don’t put chemicals down your drains.
- Don’t use septic tank additives.
If you have done these things and are noticing issues with your system, call our experts at Capital City Septic Services to book an appointment.
When To Schedule Septic System Cleaning
You need to have your septic tank cleaned regularly to keep it working properly and avoid blockages. Our licensed and insured contractors at Capital City Septic Services recommend having it cleaned at least every three to five years. However, if you notice symptoms you need to have it cleaned sooner. Some signs to watch for include:
- Overflow: If your system is overflowing, it may be obstructed and needs to be emptied immediately.
- Slow plumbing: If your toilets and sinks are slow to drain, it can mean your system is clogged and needs to be pumped or cleaned.
- Foul odors: If you smell foul odors near your system, it can indicate you need professional cleaning services.
Learn more about the best septic tank repairs and replacements in the Tallahassee Metro Area– Capital City Septic Services!
When To Replace Your Septic Tank
It’s essential to replace your septic tank before it completely fails to ensure your house and property are protected from wastewater. If you notice the following symptoms, you need to call a professional to inspect your unit and potentially replace it:
- Your toilet stops flushing: When your toilet doesn’t flush, it can indicate your tank is full and needs to be pumped out, or it can indicate your system needs to be replaced.
- Odors in your yard: If the outside of your property smells like rotten eggs or sulfur, it can indicate raw sewage has seeped out of your tank or pipes.
- Your grass is greener than usual: While this might seem like a good sign, it can signal your yard is getting extra fertilizer and your unit needs to be replaced.
- Soggy areas around your tank: If the area surrounding your tank is flooded or soggy, it can mean there is a leak and your unit needs to be replaced.
- Drains are slow: If your sinks are draining more slowly than usual, it can indicate an issue with your system.
- You hear gurgling sounds: If you hear gurgling sounds when you flush the toilet, it can mean the tank is full or has issues that indicate your system needs to be replaced.